I am a new user trying to set up a Jira Core instance for a small business. We do not have the tech instance at our firm.
I am struggling to understand how to create the initial set up, I think because I am unclear how all of the 'pieces' fit together. Since we are using this for a small business each project / associated workflow will be unique. For example the workflow for purchasing will not be related to the workflow for billing.
Here is what I think I understand.
Workflow = The steps required to complete a task
Task / Issue = Work that needs to get done
Project = Collection of tasks
Project Board = a way to view the work that needs to get done for a specific project and that the status for each of the tasks associated with that project
Dashboard = Summary of all on going projects
What I don't Understand
What schemes are and why I would need them
What a screen is and why I would need it
What an issue type is and why I would need it
And Most Importantly...Do you build the system from the bottom up (workflow ->project ) or top down (project -> workflow).
Thanks so much!