Hello there,Is it possible to restrict the creation of boards in the current version of Jira Cloud? I need to control who can create boards on our projects. Any workaround may help.Thanks a lot!Jesús
Hey Jesus,
It is possible to control who can create a board.
You'll need to navigate to Global Permissions and edit the "Create Shared Objects" permission to only include the group of users that you would like to create dashboards.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-global-permissions-861253290.html?_ga=2.188272557.440258858.1525704700-1704423510.1524584199
This does also affect who can share filters globally as well.
Hope this helps,
Tyler
I believe there is a global permission called "Create Shared Objects" that will restrict who can create boards. For more information check out the documentation here"
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/permissions-overview-764478244.html
-Scott
Hi Tyler, Thanks for your reply! Thanks to @Scott Theus too!I believe this solution could apply to Jira Server instances, but I am using a Cloud instance. When I navigate to Global Permissions section, these are the permissions I can edit (visit this link for more info):- Administer Jira- Browse users and groups- Share dashboards and filters- Manage group filter subscriptions- Make bulk changes- Create independent projectsI tried changing Share dashboards and filters permissions, but it doesn't seem to affect the ability to create boards.Any other options?Jesús
Not that I know of. If it helps the "Share Dashboards and Filters" should stop users from being able to sharing boards (as they can't share their filters).
Sorry I couldn't help more,
Hi @Jesús Jorge Muñoz
Were you able to achieve board restriction on Jira cloud? I did check and found that 'Create shared objects' is not available on Jira cloud version. ant alternative ?
Thanks,
Vijay
For Jira server you can use cratch, insert this JS code in your anoncment banner
<script type="text/javascript">document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() { if ( !window.JIRA.isAdmin() ) { let boards_button = document.querySelector('#ghx-create-boards-btn'); if( boards_button ) { boards_button.remove(); } }});</script>
So only admins will see button to create new boards
Is there a solution for Jira cloud?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.