So I have some customers on a Jira (Cloud) Service desk. I need to add them as jira users. I can't seem to find out how to do this?
Hello Timothy,
I find my JSD customers by going to https://yoursite.atlassian.net/admin/jira-service-desk/portal-only-customers (Site administration > User Management > Jira Service Desk).
When I click on a customer, there is a button Migrate to Atlassian account:
I haven't tried it out but when I click on this button, it reads:
When you migrate a user, we transfer their requests to the Atlassian account and give them a new user key. Their portal-only account can't be unmigrated or reactivated.
So I think it does what you're looking for.
Hope this helps,
- Manon
Did you try adding them to the jira-users group ?
When searching they do not show up as users at all...
You need to give application access to the user . Go to Settings->Applications->Application Access. For each application you will see groups in which a user must be to have access to a certain application. Choose the application, to which you want to add the user, and add the user to any of the groups, defined for the applicaton.
That is exactly the problem. The customer is not found when entering the username.
Neither from Site Administration -> Group -> Add user OR Application access ->Grant Access ->Grant application access to users
Might be off topic , but can you verify the permissions here ?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-browse-for-users-and-groups-120521888.html
I can browse all other users. It just seems like the customers are only recognized in the Service Desk project.
Obviously there is a use case where a customer for a service desk will become a jira user. So this must be possible.
Thank you. The funny thing was that the menu entry did not exist. My colleague could find it but not me!
He sent me a direct link and then it appeared, as if by magic and is now visible to me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.