After much research, it has been made clear that we cannot update the main description field with default text.
So I now see that I will need to create a custom field for thus purpose.
I have created a custom field, I have given it my default text, I have even adjusted its location on the ticket creation screen. But I'm struggling to get it to be correct on the VIEW page.
What I want: It should look & function just like the main Description field. I want this custom field to be in the same exact location as the main Description field (I will then remove the description field from view).
What I am seeing: The custom field is showing up in the top section with the status, labels, components, type, priority, etc.
I know there are plugins to help with this, but none of them seem to be compatible on the cloud (which is where I am).
Any suggestions?