Hi community, I suddenly received warnings when trying to start a Jira instance (CentOS 7x64, Jira 7.8.1). Instance was working fine but now does not, I remember I updated mysql server 2 days ago but until today I restarted server/Jira instance and noticed this error that will not allow me to start Jira.
Can you please help?
Wed Apr 25 16:40:50 CDT 2018 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.
- - -
I tried following similar topic but still unable to run Jira:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/SSL-Warning-filling-catalina-out-when-connecting-to-MySQL/qaq-p/117867.
I added:
&useSSL=false
&useSSL=false
?useSSL=false
to /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml