I'm looking for a method to quickly assign and edit priorities for a number of issues during a meeting in a collaborative environment. I have an idea, but can't think of way to make it work.
I would like to create a Kanban board where the columns are set to: Backlog, P1, P2, P3, and P4. All issues would start in the Backlog column. Users would then be able to drag issues from the Backlog column to either the P1, P2, P3, or P4 columns to prioritize them.
To make the above idea work, I was thinking of having each of the columns map to the same "Open" status. Each of these columns, while mapping to the same status, would have a different transition that would execute a post function to edit the priority field to the mapped priority. This, of course, won't work because you cannot map the same status to multiple columns.
Is there any way to prioritize issues faster than hand editing each one in the side panes? I know that you can also bulk edit, but that won't work in an environment where a group of people are collectively prioritizing together.