Greetings,
My team is moving our Jira projects and Confluence spaces out of a corporate-wide Atlassian Cloud instance into our own Atlassian Cloud instance. All the people have accounts on both the old and the new instances, with a few caveats:
- Their email is different (john.doe@xyz.com versus john.doe@xyz.io); and
- For some users, their Atlassian username is also different (john versus john.doe, for example).
How can I migrate the projects/spaces preserving the right ownership mapping, e.g. so that the Atlassian username john in the old instance becomes the Atlassian username john.doe in the new instance?
I understand the last resort is to hand-fix or maybe use an API to search for and replace the old username with the new ones, but 1) I want to avoid having to do this, having 100+ users, and 2) I need all the places where the username may appear so that I can search the right places/fields.