Hi together,
I'm new in using Jira help desk and have a question I couldn't find in the manual.
I want to hide the "report" menu point in the main menu from the help desk for Service Desk
agents.
Is it possible?
Thank in advance and best regard
Ben
You can try adding this javascript to the announcement banner, tested on SD 3.10
<script type="text/javascript">$(function() {AJS.$("[data-link-id='com.atlassian.servicedesk.project-ui:sd-project-sidebar-reports']").hide()});</script>
Thank you very much, that works.
But now, no one sees the menu button, but administrators or special users should be able to see it.
Is that also possible?
If you only have a few specific users, you can use this:
<script type="text/javascript">$(function() {if (AJS.params.loggedInUser != "username1" && AJS.params.loggedInUser != "username2"){AJS.$("[data-link-id='com.atlassian.servicedesk.project-ui:sd-project-sidebar-reports']").hide()}});</script>
it gets more complicated if you want to filter based on a group of users: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/how-to-check-if-the-login-user-is-a-jira-administrator-using-a/qaq-p/503347
Be careful using javascript in the banner, it can cause problems in other plugins. We used Javascript in the banner and we had performance problems in JIRA.
Hello,
does it still work in more recent versions of the JD?
When I enter this short part to announcement banner nothing happens...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.