i created a customer using their email address. I would like to add their full name to the profile.
Apologies. I couldn't work out how to do this and i couldn't find any documentation
Many thanks
HI @Conor Mongey,
Are you using JIRA Service Desk cloud? If so, you either need to request that the customer change their full name via https://id.atlassian.com/profile/
OR
If you are using identity Manager, see this issue for details. Only users with a verified domain email address can be altered by the admin now.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/how-can-a-full-name-be-changed/qaq-p/169867
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-How-do-I-change-the-full-name/qaq-p/142554
Hope this helps
Thank you
I only started using Service Desk. If there's no way for me to edit client data, there's no point for me using this at all. I wonder how this is usable for anyone really ...
I need to be able to change all data, name and email.
Something has changed because we were able to change the custoner name in the past but now there is no access. Its quite unworkable, I think its time to change to another provider because there is no help from Atlassian!!
This is ridiculous! What on earth is Jira thinking? One of the discussions recommends using Chrome's developer tools to manually change the value of the input field. What a joke.
I agree 100%.
Hi guys,
I think you can edit Customer names in the Administration portal.
Under Jira Service Desk > Actions > Edit full name.
I agree ... it used to be there and now it is just gone ... a simple to task to administer customer account details is no longer ... all the customer portal accounts we have added to our Jira Service Management project since the page disappeared now just have the default email address as display name and nowhere to set any access password ... which makes our portal useless for newly enrolled customer accounts ... ridiculous indeed! 🤦♂️
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.