Getting "Error importing data: java.lang.NullPointerException: userName" while importing backup xml to cloud.
6.3.9 was upgraded to 7.0.0 7.0.0 was upgraded to 7.9backup xml taken from 7.9 and imported to cloud.
Hello,
Hopefully I am not too late to answer this question. But maybe it will be useful to other people, who have the same error.
I tried to import a backup from Jira Server to Cloud and met the same error.
The message of the error is misleading. The userName field was filled for all users. The problem actually was with the emailAddress and lowerEmailAddress fields. I fixed it with the following query to the database:
update cwd_user set email_address = lower_user_name || '@aaa.com', lower_email_address = lower_user_name || '@aaa.com' where email_address = '?' or email_address = '' or email_address is nullI linked faked email addresses to users. In your case you can link to real ones.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.