Is there an easy way to setup personal spaces for new users as a Confluence administrator?
We want to provide a set of personalised pages for new employees within a pre-set personal space.
The only solution I found so far is via the Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) add on. But this would be quite a bit expensive, since we'd only use it for that purpose...
@Andreas
The latest Confluence does not have the REST api to create personal space. However our RPC method allows you to create personal space
Space addPersonalSpace(String token, Space personalSpace, String userName) - add a new space as a personal space.
You can refer these below pages for further information
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-xml-rpc-and-soap-apis/
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/remote-confluence-methods/
Thank you for the hint, @Minh Tran!
I'll have a closer look into that. Since my coding skills got a bit rusty over the last years, this may take some time... :-/
To use the REST api would be a lot easier for me, do you maybe know of any planes to implement that function in the upcoming releases?
I was able to create the personal space. Here's what I did:
http://<confluence-install>/rpc/soap-axis/confluenceservice-v2?wsdl
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:soap="http://soap.rpc.confluence.atlassian.com"> <soapenv:Header/> <soapenv:Body> <soap:login soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"> <in0 xsi:type="xsd:string">username</in0> <in1 xsi:type="xsd:string">password</in1> </soap:login> </soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:soap="http://soap.rpc.confluence.atlassian.com"> <soapenv:Header/> <soapenv:Body> <soap:addPersonalSpaceWithDefaultPermissions soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"> <in0 xsi:type="xsd:string">tokenFromLoginRequest</in0> <in1 xsi:type="bean:RemoteSpace" xmlns:bean="http://beans.soap.rpc.confluence.atlassian.com"> <name xsi:type="xsd:string">userNameForPersonalSpace</name> <type xsi:type="xsd:string">personal</type> <spaceGroup xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:nil="true"/> </in1> <in2 xsi:type="xsd:string">userNameForPersonalSpace</in2> </soap:addPersonalSpaceWithDefaultPermissions> </soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
@Andreas Thanks for sharing back your answer.
I don't have a very clear date for the personal space REST api right now.
When we have any kind of information, it will be informed via here https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-development-releases-8163.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.