Hi,
We're looking to set up an external customer-facing knowledge base.I've figured out how to link the portal to be able to search the knowledge base.
My question is, is it possible for the customer to browse the knowledge base, without having to enter a search? If so, how do we do that?
Thanks,
Philip
@Bryan M thank you for providing insight here, that works well! Just so it doesn't get lost in the mix, here's the response.
One of the features you can use on JSD cloud is knowledge article categories. If you do this, you'll expose your desired KB articles to your customers before they can do a search on your portal. And you get to group them up and highlight them according to your needs.
Example: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/what-are-the-benefits-of-knowledge-base-categories/
How to: See: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/categorize-knowledge-base-articles/
This is not currently possible. You may be able to accomplish something like that with a custom theme for JSD + Conf which embeds the content. I would expect you would need the server version to pull this off.
Shame, thats exactly what we'd like to do too.. surface Service Desk Knowledge base content to SD customer users. Would have thought this was core
We are interesting in using the same behavior (this is having customer browsing the knowledge base, without having to enter a search).
Have you been able to implement this ? if this is the case, can you please provide some hints to implement this ?
Thanks
Yes, somewhat.
I created everything under an Overview parent page. The parent page has a 'Children Display' pages control. I then added a link to the parent page wherever appropriate - e.g. in the intro section of the service desk pages. This way someone can navigate through the page structure.
If you have any sub-subpages, its worth adding a 'Children Display' control to any parent page also.
It isn't ideal, but works well enough for help content.
Let me know if you need any further details/clarification.
Many thanks for the information.
I'm currently testing JSD+confluence and so I'l a bit lost. Sorry for that.
I really appreciate if you can provide me more details on the configuration you have performed
Sure, here are some rough steps:
- Go to the knowledgebase, create an article.
- Go to Insert More Content, Other macros, and add Children Display
- Share the link to the article you created. This will effectively be the homepage of the customer wiki.
- Any other pages you add, add as subpages to this first page.
Good luck!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.