On my scrum board, when I click on a story in the backlog it opens the detail pane. However the epic 'link' on this view is not a 'hyperlink' which means that I still have to open the story ticket to get to the epic. This seems like a monumental oversight and such a simple thing to fix - I wonder if there is a way to configure this? This is generally frustrating, but made worse because JIRA is so unbelievably slow; every unnecessary window I have to open is tedious and irritating.
The epics list on the scrum board is pretty poor as well. By default the epics are all collapsed and don't show the ID so I have to go up and down the list opening each one trying to find the epic related to the stories I'm interested in. I mean ffs, why can't I click on the epic tag on a story in the backlog and have it filter the view by that epic and select the epic. that would be great.
Maybe I'm doing things wrong so would appreciate some suggestions with these seemingly simple UI problems.