Hello!
I have a problem with my JIRA server which is hosted on a self-hosted virtual machine on AWS. The server has 4GB of RAM and hosts Jira Software (with Jira Core) and Jira ServiceDesk. Currently there are 4users on it and around 500issues on 20projects. Frequently I am getting the following error on "catalina.out":
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 374341632 bytes for committing reserved memory.
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# //hs_err_pid6482.log
and has as a result the termination of Java process so my instance is unavailable.
In my setenv.sh environment I have set:
JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY="1024m"
JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY="2560m"
What can be done in order to make it work without this problem? Is the maximum memory too much?
From the add-ons page I have checked and I don't have add-ons enabled that I don't need and that are not part of the integrated services.
Any ideas what can be done to avoid this frequent instability ?
Best regards,
G.