I am new to JIRA. We have a closed Service Desk, ie. only available for people with accounts. Got a requirement to setup our work flow so that it allows
- our "Portal Only" service desk users are able to create tickets (done)
- our "Portal Only" service desk users can fill in a field with an email address (done)
- JIRA sends an email to that address that was filled in by our "Portal Only" service desk users (previous bullet point)
I cannot implement or configure JIRA to fulfill the 3rd bullet point, unless I switch the "Portal Only" guys to become proper Service Desk Agents. They can then invite any 3rd party and add them as watchers (assuming the 3rd party guys also register).
So ideally we would need a multi tier (sort of) setup where "Portal Only" accounts have bit more privileges, than average Service Desk customers.
Did I make any sense? Has anybody faced a similar "problem"? I'd appreciate any help.
ps: I looked into the notifications as well, but was not able to send email notifications to non-registered JIRA users (for obvious reasons).