I have a Cloud JIRA and a Cloud Confluence. When I am in a Confluence page I can insert a JIRA issue. I can type the JIRA number and it makes a link as expected. When I go back to the JIRA page, there is a link that says "Page" that goes back to the Confluence page, as expected. By the link, where I expect the title of the Confluence page to appear, I see, instead, "Authenticate to see additional information..."
I obviously have some of the authentication configured, but am missing something. I go to the Adminsitration | Applications | Application Links form. There I see that the link to confluence system has a red "CONFIG ERROR" on its row. I hit the pencil. I see the Outgoing is OAuth and the Incoming is OAuth (impersonation) The error message says that I have to make them both the same. OK.
I select OAuth for both and hit save. I refresh the page and the incoming reverts to OAuth (Impersonation). I select OAuth (Impersonation) for both, and Save, and refresh, and the outgoing reverts to OAuth. I am now confused. Can you help unconfuse me? What do I do to make the protocols consistent?