When setting up a Project in JIRA, the default assignee is always the Project Lead. Is there a way to change this on a project by project level basis?
Alternatively, could you have 2 project leads defined?
No, you can only configure it as project lead or unassigned. The only exception is component leads which can be individuals other than project lead.
Issues will be assigned to component lead if the component is selected during the issue creation.
Can I make a Component be required upon ticket entry by default? I don't see that it is mandatory. I get my options and then an 'unknown'. I want a single component and require that it is selected to force the asignee. Possible?
Yes, you specify it under field configurations.
The post-function can only "Assign to Current User", "Assign to Project/Component Team Leader" or "Assign to Reporter". I hoped to assign all issues to our "Screening Officer" to formally approve, before allowing them to progress to the selected Component Lead.
Hello Jobin,
And what happens if more than one component is selected, and each of these components has a different lead?
Who will be the assignee?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Marc
You can do a post function that updates a field. For the field, choose "Assignee" and set the value to "Screening officer" in your case.
Why on earth would you enforce the restriction that the default issue ID can only be the project lead or nobody??? This makes no sense to me.
Is there some security issue I'm not aware of?
It is standard project managment. Each issue ultimately has only one owner. If is has more than one, then it really has none because it creates the "I though he/she was working on it" situation. And for the user reporting it, they know who their contact is. You can send an issue to multiple people via notifications. You can make sure they can all work the issue via permissions. One name will remain in the default assignee though.
Each issue should have one owner (although in some cases i think a team owner works better), but why would I want all issues to go to the same default owner.
There are different issue types, each with their own workflow and screens. Why is there only one default assignee to rule them all?
There may also be users that in fact do NOT know their contact. With the introduction of JIRA service desk the reporter will know even less. However, in JIRA service desk you can choose [to force] the assignee, but you eliminate the option of choosing one.
and what about companies that use the term "project" losely. and use one "project" for it's tech support or "service desk". You really want to have the PM delegate 100+ issue tickets daily?
nice solution thanks (but still a workaround)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.