This is for the Cloud version of JIRA Software.
I am trying to bulk create-and-assign using the CSV import function. My CSV file contains the assignee in username format. I did not check the 'map field value' as suggested by https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-issues-using-the-csv-importer-764478441.html#CreatingissuesusingtheCSVimporter-RunningtheCSVfileimportwizard . I still cant create the tasks. I always get the error :
The user 'redacted' has been added to the project with the Developer role, and yet this issue happens. I tried to change from username to the actual user name in "Firstname Lastname" format, no luck.
Any ideas?
adding the user as username should work without any errors while importing data through CSV. Firstname Lastname format is not supported while importing assignee.
Check to see if the user is active and exists in JIRA. Check the permissions to see if developer is assignable user.
thanks for the reply.
adding the user as username doesnt work. I get the same user 'username' not found error.
user is active, exists in JIRA, and has the developer permission. I am able to edit an existing issue and assign to this user. Note that I am having this problem with 5 different users. 4 of them are new to JIRA cloud, added recently, but 1 of them has already used multiple JIRA cloud projects.
is there a hidden requirement for the users to login to the project at least once before they are 'discoverable' for the csv import tool? i plan to try that later today. If that doesnt work, i will just import my 100+ tasks without any assignee and then assign them manually
I am having the same Issue - testing importing CSV to cloud -
I can assign 2 of my users but cannot seem to assign a third
The User I am having issues with is an admin user (as am i)
I use their jira ID and also tried their email address... no luck ... I have 500+ issues to import ... need to be able to do this...
I didnt find a solution for this.
Finally imported 100+ tasks manually without any assignee.
To ease this, what I did was to create a separate CSV per user, import it without assignee, bulk select the group and assign to the same user. This way I didnt have to do 100+ assignments, just a few.
I run into same problem, and was able to (kind of) deal with it.
It turned out that user name, shown in Jira, even on user profile page, doesn't actually match internal user code. But when you try to mention user in a comment, it resolves to correct code.
For example, I have a user with name John D, and it shows alias @JohnD on his page. When I try to import issues with assignee `johnd` - it fails.
When I enter comment, `@johnd` is replaced with [~jdoe]
I try to import issues with assignee `jdoe` - it works like a charm.
And there is no other place in Jira, where I could find this actual user code.
I am also facing this same issue. We triple checked that all user id exist also relevant privilege is given to those ids in Permission scheme, still I am not to upload data.
I am also having this issue. This is the first time since doing this monthly for a year. Something on Jira's end must have changed.
When I use the @Graham to see my user ID I see this:
[Graham O'Bray|~accountid:5b3149d263379b3ac420d300]
My user ID = gobray (which is what I always used to reference when I did my prior bulk load froM CSV)
I tried using the account ID with no success....any ideas?
Thanks,
Graham
Thanks dmay - yes it worked for me too with a few exceptions, which I managed to assign manually.
This is still a problem for me. My csv file shows the commentor/watcher/assignee/reporter as "dslay". When I try to run the import it says it could not find a user dslay. My user account is dslay@doman.net. I would have thought it would use the user name to perform the match on, but it does not. Any ideas?
If I update the csv file to include the user's full email address it matches and imports with no issue. I just cannot manually make this many updates across the thousands of names in the file.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.