hi all,
as a process manager who was spontaneously nominated to be a jira admin as well (yeey) I am seeking for some experience with ITSM in jira. My tasks over the last months was to optimize our IT-Service Processes. Before this, ITSM was spread over several projects. We had different Incident Projects (for Backend, Frontend and some other Departments) and issue types like RFC, Service Requests and Problems in different projects for diff. departments. For the future it def. makes sense to caputure all of this in one or at least not 20 diff. projects. The challenge I am facing now is whether to implement a JIRA SD or a JIRA Software Project. I know that an Service Desk Project comes with ITIL Workflows and awesome functions like SLAs and so on. On the other side JIRA SD does't provide boards. Many departments (at least this is what they say) can not work without boards. Furthermore what a the financial aspects, support and so on? What is your recommendation/experience or what are pros and cons regarding to implement ITSM in JIRA? I've started to compare some facts of both alternatives but I think i need more opinions/facts here..