Hi everyone
I have some general questions about the whole process of upgrading JIRA to 7.0.
We started using JIRA last year and we currently have version 6.4.11. Since we've started working with JIRA, we've found a couple of plug-ins we wanted to install, all which require the newest version of JIRA (7.0). Usually I would think that software should (almost) always be updated to the newest version, so I want to do the same with JIRA.
First of all: Is this the wrong way to think about JIRA? Can we keep using 6.4.11 forever (if we can live without the plug-ins) or is it recommended to upgrade?
Second question: We use JIRA as a database for books, with various data about bound to each book(issue). Each issue has a lot of individual data and some attachments. If I upgrade, can I be sure that no data/information/attachment is lost?
Third question: How is the whole process of updating? We have a cloud instance, so I suppose we would have to download some sort of update and run it locally? Or do we order it from Atlassian, who then update our server/instance?
Fourth question: What does it cost? Or where can I look up what it will cost? Is it a new license or is it included in the license we already have?
Lastly, I'm sorry if these questions are too broad/basic for this forum, but I've been looking around for a while and haven't found an answer.
Thanks,
Nikolaj