JIRA already support WYSWYG description, but JIRA service desk portal doesn't.
there no way for a user to input rich text from customer portal now. have there any 3rd party plugin can do that ?
Hi,
I do remember using JEditor addon in the past and I,m pretty sure it's doing well on customer portal (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jiraeditor.jeditor/server/overview). There might be other addons but it's the one I know about. Pretty straight forward, can be used for advanced features
Hope this helps!
Hi Micky, thanks for quick response. I have a read about the jEditor, but didn't see it can works on JIRA service desk customer portal. and I do see another community post about this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JEditor-on-SD-2-0-in-JIRA/qaq-p/90313
can you confirm it works with JIRA service desk ? anyway, I will have a try on our staging server.
Hi Bryan,
I might be mistaken, the other thread is pretty old as well so I do think you should give it a try From what I remember there was additional configuration but it should be possible.
I'll give it a try if I can find some time
Cheers
Good news, there's a few modules to enable in the addon (explained on an admin page once installed) and you can use it on the portal for system fields or customfields
Have fun!
thanks a lot, that make my day.
I should put this thread as a question and allow me to accept it.
I've tried to update it for a question but couldm't I,ve therefore added a "SOLVED" prefix in the title
Glad it helped!
Hi, Micky!
What addon did you use for this result? jEditor or another one?
Hi Nina,
yes I did use JEditor add-on to get the result from the above screenshot, please note that you might need to enable some addons modules as explained in JEditor’s documentation if you want to use it with Service Desk!
Cheers!
Thanks a lot!
It is a question now!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.