This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Cloning an Issue
When cloning an issue with sub-tasks, each subtask is then prefixed with "CLONE." How do I prevent this from happening? I'm cloning a previous deployment task and have to remove "CLONE" from each subtask.
On server, you can go to admin -> advanced settings and change the property that makes the summary be prefixed with a word. I'm not sure you can do it on Cloud.
You can.
On JIRA Cloud:
You are a life saver!
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
Is there any downside to removing the "Clone" prefix? other than everyone has to agree to it?
Hi Angie,
No, there's no downside other than losing the visibility in the summary that the issue is a clone.
I usually leave it in, but have no problem if people choose remove the prefix, as most reports and apps do not really look at the summary to report on cloning, they tend to look at the "is a clone of" link instead, which I think is far more useful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.