Operating System: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox 57
When editing a page, sometimes pasting content from the web into the page will cause the page view to jump randomly to a different section of the page.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Hi Jason,
Is there a certain type of content from a certain location that you've noticed causes this? I'd like to test it.
Regards,
Shannon
Yes, I often see this issue too and it's very annoying.
Pavel,
If there's a specific pattern you know I can test and replicate it, could you let me know? Then I can track it back to a bug or report it.
I'll keep an eye out for it and post back here with the results.
Also let me know if you are also using Cloud as Jason is.
Thank you, Jason! I'll keep working on it and trying to replicate and let you know what I find.
Regards,Shannon
@Jason Tolotta and @Pavel Potcheptsov
I've had a look and it appears it may be this bug:
Can you have a look at that and let us know if that's the issue you're running into? It should occur when you have a lot of content being pasted.
No, it's Server.
It looks like this issue describes the bug we've run into.
And it's not for Cloud but for Server too.
Server uses a different editor so it won't be the same bug.
Let me research for you and see what I can find. What version of server do you have?
6.3.3
Browsers: Firefox 57
I can confirm this does not occur on Chrome 63 and Internet Explorer 11 exhibits a different more serious issue which I will describe in a new post.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Unable-to-Paste-Text-from-Notepad-to-Confluence-Using-IE11/qaq-p/700533#M93758
Steps
1. Create a Blank page in Confluence
2. Create and copy a large test data set so the vertical scrollbar is displayed, e.g. Lorum Ipsum
a. https://www.lipsum.com/
b. Generate 20 paragraphs
c. Copy the Paragraphs
3. Paste the Test Data into the Page
4. Copy the last line on the page.
5. Launch Notepad
6. Paste the text into Notepad
7. Select and copy the text from Notepad
8. Place the cursor at the end of the text in the new page and press "Enter" to go to a new line.
9. Paste the text.
10. Observe the page moves down.
11. Undo the paste (CTRL + Z)
12. Paste the text again.
13. Observe the page moves down even further.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.