I am trying to find the best solution to do the following:
When a certain JQL condition is met, grab the first part of the parent case summary and concatenate the subtask summaries.
Let's say:
The parent summary is "Personal Dashboard - Regression Testing"
And the subtask summaries are
- Manual Testing
- Automated Testing
- Documentation
And my JQL condition is "issuetype=Story and text ~ "regression testing" "
Then, after the script is executed, I would like the summaries of the subtasks mentioned above to be updated to:
- Manual Testing - Personal Dashboard
- Automated Testing - Personal Dashboard
- Documentation - Personal Dashboard
I'm using Jira Cloud and so far have tried using the Automation add on but haven't had any luck. Would using Script Runner be a better option for this use case? Is there a way to do this with the Automation add on? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.