My system admin accidentally deteled a project. I have Jira OnDemand so no direct access to the database.
Is there a way to undo this action?
If not is there a way to backup and restore to prevent future loss?
Even with database access you can't do it. A deletion really is a delete - it's gone. Your only option is looking at a backup. For OnDemand, you'll need to ask Atlassian.
You can get the previous day backup (I hope you have one running!), and restore that project alone.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup
If you don't have XML backup, restore the DB backup to a new server, export to XML and do what is described above!
Too bad this does not apply to Jira OnDemand.
oops.. onDemand!
Just for clarification. If I have JIRA OnDemand and a project was accidently deleted, there is absolutely no way to recover the project? Is this correct?
As above. Project is gone. May be on backup. Contact support to see if they will/can restore it.
Thanks Nic for hte quick response. I understand. I'll contact support.
What's the quickest way to contact support in this regard?
Log an issue at https://support.atlassian.com
There is now an option inĀ https://xxx.atlassian.net/jira/settings/projects/trash
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.