This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Drafts
Ask your question here...
Hi David.
There's no way to discard unpublished changes at the moment. The thing I do is to publish your changes and then revert to the previous version ( three dots --> History --> Restore the previous one).
I hope it will work for you as well.
Cheers,
Pawel
Just close the editing window without saving
that returns you to view mode
next time you open it in edit mode it will notify you there is a draft and whether you want to resume editing or discard
I'm running Confluence Cloud and the only buttons are Update (publish) and Save & Close (draft). There is no simple close, which just returns to view mode, without saving.
Hi David, currently it's not possible to discard changes in a draft, as they're autosaved. We have already a feature request for that and you can find it at CONFCLOUD-45721. You can vote for it to increase it's popularity and watch it to receive further updates, you can also add your thoughts in a comment.
Let me know if you have any questions Otherwise, you can accept the answer as valid.
Does this include the draft itself, once saved, when the document has been previosly published?
Hi David, you are correct, the button reads "Save and close", which has the described behaviour: it preserves the draft and returns to view mode without updating the epage.
A workaround is to publish the page and then revert to the previous version in Page History.
Not getting a prompt anymore.
Let me get this straight. The official Atlassian response is to pollute your page's history just to discard changes you no longer want? Utterly disappointing.
Oh, and this is for noncollaborative editing. No one else has made any changes to the page. This is ridiculous.
Hi everyone~
I thought it would be helpful to consolidate the answers to this question, and to provide additional clarification to the answers that had been given.
As of Confluence Server 6.15, the way to discard your drafts without saving is to click on the triple ellipsis ( "..." ) at the bottom right of the editor (next to the "Publish" and "Close" buttons).
Things to note:
As of Confluence Cloud 1000.0.0-98902f4c0cc, the user experience is the same as Confluence Server 6.15.
@Tom , the user experience is different for Confluence Server 6.6.5.
As you've said, when you've made any changes and click close, a dialog shows up and asks you whether you want to (1) keep the draft or (2) discard all changes (or everyone's changes, in the case of collaborative editing).
If you had closed the browser window, the system assumes you had chosen to keep the draft.
When the draft has been kept, and you yourself have not made any changes, the dialog will not appear when you close the editor.
If there has been changes to the draft, but none of these changes were made by you, then the dialog will not appear when you close the editor.
If you had made any changes to the draft (even a single extra space, a new line, or deleting and rewriting any word in the page), then the dialog will appear again.
I've read through all of the above. I'm running the cloud version.
I've made some changes that I want to discard.
I hit close and it says "Unpublished Changes" at the top of the page. The last update to the page was May 02, 2018.
I go to edit the page. I click on "Revert to last Published Page". The version it warns me about is the one that was published on March 27, 2018, not May 2, 2018 as I expect.
So, if I follow the instructions above, to clarify:
Before I proceed with this, because I don't want to lose the changes that the person made for the May 2, 2018 one, are we sure that if I follow this methodology, that after reverting my changes, this should return to the May 2, 2018 one, not the March 27, 2018 version?
Have I confused you enough yet?
I have just tested what I think you are describing
A page with only one version dated 2014 - View mode is "clear"
I edited the page and closed without Publishing
View mode now shows "Unpublished changes" and of course the unpublished changes are not showing. Ellipsis Page History still shows only one version.
Now back in Edit mode I Publish the changes, Page History now shows two versions
If I Restore the previous version, View mode now shows the original 2014 version and Page History now has 3 versions, the latest showing with comment "Reverted from v1"
Then I decided to Restore version 2 - the one with the published changes I made today. Page History now shows 4 versions with the latest showing as "Reverted from v2"
I'm sorry, but this really is ridiculous. I do appreciate the tip.
Take a seemingly simple task and overengineer the logic out of it... "Undo" - simple...
Man this is complicated.I also would like to discard my draft. I cannot figure out how to do it.Jira engineers, please help!
Have you checked out Emily Chan's instructions above dated 12th May 2019 ?
If I revert to the last published version it deletes any pending drafts owned by other people.
Dear Atlassian, you have a net worth of approximately 26 billion and have been developing your products for around 20 years. Can I please have a feature to discard my draft in Confluence, a proprietary product centred entirely around the editing and publishing of documents? Not everyone's drafts, just mine. Please. If you need a hand implementing this you can take a look at your self-hosted confluence which gives the option to discard a draft when a user begins editing a page.Please do not suggest I use script-runner or upvote a 5 year old feature request.
Thanks
Imagine thinking this is an acceptable solution for a product centered around editing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.