I am trying to configure Slack integration in JIRA Software cloud and I can only select public channels from Slack for notification. I've read that it should be possible to select private channels as well. Also, this should be possible without any additional JIRA Add-ons for Slack integration.
You need to invite the JIRA Cloud Bot into your Slack private channel first.
Go to the private channel in Slack and type in "/invite @Jirabot"
Then you should be able to select the channel from the dropdown list (or use the "/jira connect" option from within Slack) to complete the integration.
That is exactly what I did. I've invited JIRA Bot to my private channel and then I tried to integrate Slack to JIRA (screenshot), but I don't see my private channels in the drop down list.
The screenshot looks like you are trying to add the Slack channel from the Project in your JIRA instance. Instead, try adding your project(s) from the private Slack channel.
Within the channel type "/jira connect yourjiraname.atlassian.net" if you haven't made the connect yet, or simply manage your channel's subscription by typing '/jira' in the channel.
It will open a Slack integration page that is similar to the one you posted, but the difference will be that you'll be asked to select the JIRA projects you want to connect to the specific channel in Slack.
This was the method I used in our instance and was able to make the desired integration. I wasn't able to do it the other way either.
Hope that helps!
Thanks for reply,
I'll try that.
Looks like the bot is named @Jira, not @Jirabot. Also, after enabling the Slack integration app in Jira, I try the "/jira connect" method listed above and it says "_Looking for Jira..._ :hourglass:This Jira Cloud instance does not appear to have the Slack integration available"
It worked within our Jira Cloud install. In testing, I created my notification channel as public and added, set up the integration and then manually added the Jira bot to the channel. At that point, notifications were working just fine. I then made the channel private, retested by creating a new ticket and notifications continue to function as desired.I don't think that 2-step process is actually necessary but just wanted to provide feedback on how I had configured it using Jira Cloud and confirm that it does work... at least in our instance.
It's not working as expected, another channel correctly shows the issue info, but a new private channel does not, it says that it is connected but nothing happens...
Jira Cloud APP [6:40 PM]_Looking for Jira..._ :hourglass:That Jira is already connected to this channel. Maybe you'd prefer to *manage your subscriptions* instead. You can also see which other Jira sites are connected to this channel with the `/jira` command.
Jira Cloud APP [6:40 PM]_Looking for Jira..._ :hourglass:
That Jira is already connected to this channel. Maybe you'd prefer to *manage your subscriptions* instead. You can also see which other Jira sites are connected to this channel with the `/jira` command.
Invited Jira Cloud to your channel by typing this into your Slack channel:
/invite @jiracloud
Then follow the instructions to authenticate against Jira Cloud and select your Jira project.
For those searching for a solution to the shotgun approach offered by Jira Cloud for Slack, please vote for this issue!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-80
Personal Jira Notifications in Slack
As a user, I would like to be notified in Slack when tickets that are associated with me (watching, assigned, reporter, etc. as options) have been modified.
I like this feature, but I really wish there was a way to only track labels on Jira tickets and have them show up in a specific channel. I've only been able to have an entire Jira space populate within the channel I created in Slack.
Hey Nick, drop us a line, would love to hear more about this feature you are looking for.
I followed the above process and connected my JIRA Project to the slack channel I wanted. I see the updates on channel whenever new issues getting created. but I dont see the updates when issue gets edited, like status changes or comments added. what do i need to do get those updates too?
In your Slack channel, type "/Jira manage"
This will open the Slack Integration page for that project & channel.
From there you can set what notifications you want, i.e. An issue is updated, etc.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.