Can I do this also when I'm using JIRA from the cloud and not my own instance?
Is's about adding an activity note from an inhouse third party version management software, which can't be directly hooked into JIRA.
You should have the rest API already enabled on your cloud instance. You can quickly check by accessing using.
<yourhost>/rest/api/2/mypermissionsSo as long as the 3rd party software has the right credentials and internet connectivity you should be able to use all the REST API calls..
Hope this helps
Phill
Thanks Phill for your reply, however, I can't find a proper documentation of how to add an Activity. In api/2/ there is possibility to add issue or comment on an issue. I had found that example here: https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/atlassian-platform-common-components/activity-streams/adding-activities-to-a-third-party-feed-with-the-rest-api but that does not apply to api/2 instead uses rest/activities/1.0/ as the url postfix. any ideas? Thanks Thomas
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.