We have sprint 1 and our current sprint showing as active. We don't have parrallel sprints marked as active. How can we disable, or prevent sprint 1 from showing as active from the drop down list "sprints" when we create a new Jira ticket?
First, are the sprints in the same project? If so is one of the sprints simply defined in the Backlog? This is often the case since you start loading the next sprint when another is active.
Hello Jack,
I'm not sure how to tell if the sprints are part of the same project. I can tell you that they appear in the "sprint" menu when creating a new Jira ticket. I checked in the backlog and found 2 sprints there. However the sprints that were there were sprints 15 & 16. The two sprints that appear in the drop down list in the create screen are sprints 16 & sprint 1.
your sprint 1 was never closed I expect so it will continue to show. find and close.
Could you tell me where to locate the sprint please?
thanks
When I view "Active Sprints" I can only see one sprint active, which is sprint 15. I cannot see a sprint 1.
If I go to "Boards->Scrum->Reports->Sprint Report" Sprint 1 shows as closed. Yet it is selectable from the "Create Issue" screen. Can you suggest why this might be?
Within "Create Issue" it shows as an active sprint.
@Stephen Fitzgerald, sorry for delay I have been rather tied up. I will try to have a look at this shortly and get back to you.
OK, much appreciated
@Stephen Fitzgerald, as an FYI I have pulled the conversation back into the first answer in hopes of cleaning things up here a bit.
So I'm puzzled by this for sure. If indeed the sprint is "complete". What should be the case is that the Sprint field should only display options for sprints that are not "Complete". This includes "Active", "Future" and the upcoming. As you can see in the image below I have the next sprint ready to go and the test issue is set to it. I can select a "Future" sprint as well but not any completed sprints. Note I am on cloud and unsure if you are cloud or server.
What does your backlog show in the way of sprints? Can you provide an image of exactly what you are seeing. Depending on your feedback here I may reach out to other experts to chime in here.
And here is a view of my backlog...
Firstly, Many thanks for your time on this. In answer to your question, I am on cloud.
I attach images of what I am seeing:-
Firstly Boards->Scrum->Reports->Sprint Report
Then The Create Issue screen:-
And finally the backlog screen:-
Stephen, I'm thinking it may be time to open a support request w/ Atlassian. If the following query indicates that you only have one active sprint open yet when you create an issue you can choose between sprints then something is amiss w/ the 'ghost' sprint.
sprint in openSprints()
For me, this solved it:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/I-have-an-active-sprint-that-I-can-t-find-and-need-to-close/qaq-p/44661
It turns out the sprint I had completed and the sprint showing up in the available sprints were almost, but not exactly, the same. It looks to be the same above, where there is a "Sprint 1" and a "Sprint 1 - Nothin' but sprint". These are two different sprints. Once I added an issue to my equivalent of "Sprint 1" as described in the link above, I was able to delete the phantom "Sprint 1".
In my case was another 'test PROJECT' I was created with that sprint. That 'Sprint 1' was from that project. The project was deleted and solved the problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.