I have added webhook events on all transitions i want notifications in slack.comon. But I'm not getting any updates. Can anyone please assist?
I previously had "all events" checked, but then I only got notifications when resolution status was changed, which is why i added hooks for transitions instead.
These are the settings for the webhook: http://imgur.com/1HzU2vj
Same for me - webhook works only for issue creation / resolution (from default settings) but is not triggered as a post transition event.
This problem still exists (in Jira On-Demand). I really would like to get any updates, e.g. assignments - in order to get rid of our email notifications.
So far, the beauty of webhooks is not fully approachable.
100% agree. Jira on Demand is not sending updates into Slack.com. Would love to see this working.
This seems to be an issue with Slack, you can confirm that the webhook is firing by using http://requestb.in/, however it is not getting handled on the receiving end.
@David Nicholson [Atlassian], I'm seeing the same problem and I used http://requestb.in to test the webhook. The webhook is definitely triggered, but the JSON payload is truncated, which is why I assume nothing shows up in Slack. Can you take another look into this please?
To add further to this, I just pushed a very minimal ticket through a transition that would trigger the hook and it showed up, so it seems like there's a limit on the size of the JSON body.
@David Nicholson [Atlassian] Is there any news on this issue? Is this a JIRA or Slack problem?
I filed a support request with Slack.com and got this answer:
"Our JIRA integration will currently only post events when:
{snip} We're planning to add more events in the future, sorry for the current limitations.
Hi, we really need to be notified of JIRA issues comments on slack. is it possible ?
Anyone get any updates from Slack on this?
We have the same problem, we couldn't even get comments to show up in HipChat either. It seems like a JIRA limitation.
Any solution on this. We also have the same problem. Nothing shows up in slack.
+1 in experiencing this issue
I had same problem, so I made hubot do that for me.
https://github.com/mnpk/hubot-jira-spy
JIRA hook hubot, and hubot chat the comments to slack.
Greetings. The problem still exists as of 3/26/2015. I don't see comments being pushed to Slack. What is the status of this issue? Is it a JIRA or Slack problem?
Moving to github solved the issue for me
Thanks for the suggestion Julien. Unfortunately, we're pretty tied to JIRA for both issue tracking and Agile project management. Perhaps that was my first mistake ;-)
We have JIRA and Slack integration work intermittently. One week JIRA sends the full payload over to Slack, then stops another week.
Simply created in Python.
JIRA Webhook -> Flask -> Slack Incoming Webhooks
https://github.com/Kisung/jira-comment-slack
Would love to see this Webhook released... It would make JIRA more friendly with non-JIRA teams...
Take a look at Jirassimo notifications for JIRA, it has integration with Slack among the other messengers. You can choose events or can make a scheduler to have own event and use it as a reporting service.
Our integration was working fine but when we changed to a different slack channel, it stopped entirely. We have re-created the integration several times with no success in restoring the feed. Not much help, but more evidence that there still is a problem.
I tried to setup an integration with a WebHook today but it doesn't work, requestb.in shows the JSON payload is cut short, seems like a JIRA problem??
There are all kinds of events listed in JIRAs webhook settings, yet, none of them seem to trigger the slack webhook
JIRA / Slack integration issues is caused by a bug in JIRA HTTPS Webhooks. Upgrading to JIRA 6.4 fixes it.https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44769
I updated the code by @ks yun and made it run as a service on the same server as my JIRA server. Works like a charm:
Yeah it's still not working, I created a custom notification using Zapier to catch a webhook from JIRA for comments and post to slack
You need to use the JIRA <-> Slack App Integration method and not a generic webhook... so from Slack's side setup a JIRA App integration and it will give you the appropriate webhook URL to use.(and then paste that into the JIRA side).. for whatever reason it does not work with a generic Slack webhook URL...
Also if you change the name of a status filed in your workflow, this will break the Slack-JIRA webhook integration, so you'll need to reset the conditions on the Slack side with the new name of the status/transition.
+1 experiencing the same problem
Has there been any update on this?
I have used the Slack JIRA integration and the appropriate steps on the JIRA Cloud side of things (as per Slack guide). I've set a filter and on issue creation and update. New issues trigger a notification into slack; however, issue updates are not generating a notification.
Slack-AdditionalNotifications.jpg
had the same issue. Make sure on the SLACK side that you check the "Additional Notifications" section for "new Comments"
That's the issue as 'JIRA CONNECTOR from SLACK TEAM".
Do the below:
1. Enable 1st and 3rd option of Additional Notifications in Slack -> JIRA configuration
2. Un-Check Comment update/delete/create in JIRA webhook configuration
3. Enable issue 'update'
Test and enjoy !!
Unfortunately this fix doesn't work for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.