Hi,
We're mixing Scrum and Kanban based boards in our single JIRA project. We made that decision because some dev activities fit more in a Kanban flow. So far so good, no worries to mix the two.
However, we also wanted to leverage the kanban backlog in the kanban boards. In order to make this work, I added an additional initial state in our workflow, named "backlog", before the standard "open" one.
For Kanban boards, things work perfectly when taking an issue out of the backlog to the active queue (todo).
For Scrum boards, it's a little more complicated since in order to see all the issues, I had to map both statuses. Now, when moving issues from backlog (in backlog status) to a sprint, they stick in backlog, leading to weird situations (I'm using the open status to build some reports).
Is there a better way to manage this?
Thanks for your help.