I want to create a team that issues can be assigned to and then an individual user pick them up as they can. is this possible in JIRA (JIRA Agile) or just in service desK?
Jira has a very strong attitude that an issue has a single responsible person looking at it (Assign to group generally doesn't work well I've found - too much space for Alice to say "I assumed Bob had it" and Bob to say "I thought Alice had that one").
The usual method here is to have a group assignee field as well as assignee - create a select list for it (in fact, consider using a group-picker!)
We do this all the time via a custom field called Team. We assign the team field to issues which allows us to make sure the issues make it to the appropriate backlogs and then when the team creates the sprint backlog they can then begin to assign issues to individual team members. However, all of this does depend on the creation of the custom field.
Do you just add the custom field when your creating the ticket and leave the assignee blank?
You say "The usual method here is to have a group assignee field as well as assignee - create a select list for it (in fact, consider using a group-picker!)", where do I find that?
It is also possible to create username with name of the group and relate "group e-mail"(if you can get such mail) to that username. So all members of the "group mail" can be notified.
You ca give this user access to log in jira or not, depends on what you want to achieve...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.