How to enable the customer to comment back by replying to the email they received from Jira? Currently agents can do that on ServcieDesk but not customers?
Hi Kiroloss,
I found a similar problem:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Replying-to-JIRA-Service-desk-email-does-not-add-comment/qaq-p/383903
Tell us if you need more help
that is not helpful there are no instruction on what needs to be turned on.
Still need an answer
I can only think that the permission scheme do not allow Service Desk customers to add comments (or a property in the status doing the same).
If everything is configured correctly you shouldn't have any error.
Check this and tell us, please.
I did check the Schema has Service Desk Customer under the Comment permission.
However this is the error I receive
This is an automated email from the issue creation service at "https://deltaapparel.atlassian.net".
An error was encountered whilst handling messages from the mail server “POP Mail Server” using the handler “class com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.handlers.FullCommentHandler”.
The error and the email that caused the error are attached to this email.
If this is a recurring problem, you may wish to contact a system administrator to check the parameters of your mail fetching service:
— This message was sent by Atlassian Jira (v${build.version}#${build.currentBuildNumber})
Mail Handler do not work in Jira Service Desk projects as in Jira Projects. You have to activate email requests in project settings.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/receiving-requests-by-email-747602718.html
Please accept the answer so it can help others.
Okay I enabled the ticket request and still
Have you deleted the mail handler for the Jira Service Desk project?
If all the permissions are fine and also the Email Requests is active and working, then you shouldn't have problems (I have tried just in case I was forgetting something).
I hope it works!
Check that the mail configured for the request type is configured correctly too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.