Hey Guys,
My data team is looking to make some larger attachments to JIRA tickets. Specifically, we have batches of images that need uploading to the website and it would be convenient to be able to attach those batches as rar files to the respective request.
The possible downside here is that those files often get as large as a gigabite.
I'm wondering what the SPECIFIC speed or performance implications of storing gigabite attachments is. These attachments are going to range from 20mb to 1000mb and they'll be attached to tickets with near daily frequency.
When I say "specific" implications - I know that the database will be slower as it gets bigger. What I don't know is what sorta implications large attachments have in things like issue search and updating of issue fields, etc. In addition to this, I'm not sure when attachments get archived or compressed on the backend.
If you could get me whatever information you can, it would be appreciated.
Thanks!