By default our Global Permissions say that any new users is added to the jira-users group and that this group has access to ALL projects.
A few of our users lost access to all projects. One user in particular could only access one project in our instance. After some troubleshooting, I found that he was not a member of another group called 'users.'
Is this 'users' group a default group in Jira or is it likely that someone set this is up as a custom group? I only recently began administering our instance and found that we didn't have config logging enabled AND we had more than a dozen team members assigned as "Admins"!
I'd like to know if the 'users' group (not role) is a group we should keep as it seems to be competing with our jira-users group. I'd also like to know why our team member's account wasn't able to see all projects when he wasn't a member of the 'users' group but WAS a member of the jira-users group.