Hi,
I am using Confluence OnDemand for technical doc and (trying) to follow the release management strategy described in the OnDemand doc on this page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+the+Life+Cycle+of+your+Technical+Documentation
Everything makes sense until you get to the part where you have to use the Copy Space add-on to move your live space to your release space. Then you find out that if you are using OnDemand (which I am), then you cannot use the Copy Space add-on.
It seems like the only way to copy your live space to a release space is through the CLI, so here I am with a few questions.
***
What I have done so far:
Read the CLI doc and various related posts
Installed JRE 1.7
In our Confluence instance -- cog icon>Confluence Admin>General Configuration>Feature Settings>Remote API -- this is checked, but it's also grayed out -- does this mean that it's enabled? I hope so.
Downloaded and unzipped the CLI pkg.
Determined the following values:
Server base URL of our OnDemand instance = https://parelastic.jira.com/wiki
Spacekey of space I want to copy = CD
Spacekey of new space I want to create = TEST12
***
What I plan to do:
On my Windows laptop, open a cmd window and cd to the dir that has confluence.bat Type:
confluence --user=myAdminUsernameForOnDemand --password=correspondingPW --server=https://parelastic.jira.com/wiki --action=copySpace --space=CD --newSpace=TEST12
Press Enter and away we go...
Will this syntax work?
Then, from within my browser, I should be able to find the newly created space called TEST12, which has identical content to the old space called CD? At that point I can adjust permissions accordingly, so TEST12 has just the permissions we want for a release space?
Question: in the CLI syntax, does the newSpace arg have to refer to a space that DOES NOT currently exist? What happens if the newSpace -- in this case TEST12 -- already existed? Does the CLI overwrite the content or fail or?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Laurel