The Undo/Redo button used to be available on the far right right of the tool bar when I was editing a page. Both those buttons are now missing? Is there a setting to change the toolbar contents that I am missing?
Confirmed. Very strange behaviour.
Buttons shows for a few moments and then hides:
Hello,
I'm a product manager on Confluence Cloud. Thanks for your feedback.
We have removed the toolbar buttons for Undo/Redo as a starting point to streamline the editor, as well as to align other tools.
Undo/Redo are both accessible via standard keyboard shortcuts: Command + Z / Command + Shift + Z on the Mac and Control + Z / Control + Y on a PC.
However, we are monitoring feedback on this, so thanks for raising it.
That's definitely not intentional, thanks for pointing it out.
meh. One person's streamlining is another person's missing tool. Why not just make the toolbar configurable so users can clutter or unclutter as they like.
Much as I'm an Atlassian fan-boy, I'm with Jill on this one. By all means, streamline the defaults, but give the user a full range of options and let each user choose the ones they want. Keyboard shortcuts are fine for many, but let people have their buttons too.
I've done a lot of work with people who struggle to read for varying reasons, so if I had this facility, I'd have dropped all the colour and italics buttons, to remind myself they're a bad idea.
Bring back the button. Nothing intuitive about keyboard commands using CTRL.
I am curious about usage. Did you use analytics to help make this product decision?
That button is one of our mostly widely clicked buttons.
I use the undo and redo ALL the time. Please bring it back!
It is ridiculous that anyone ever thought that this was a good idea, put them back PDQ. Yet another reason to dump Atlassian products as they keep assuming that everyone knows all of the keyboard shortcuts. Far simpler to use a button anyway!
"It is ridiculous that anyone ever thought that this was a good idea"
I totally agree!
Bring them back, please!These standard shortcuts aren't that widely know outside the developer community. I'm trying to promote Confluence as a documentation tool in our organization. Now it is somewhat harder when the editor is suddenly missing two frequently used buttons.
PLEASE bring this back...much needed tools.
And now, the recommended keyboard shortcuts are no longer working.
I miss the undo button.
Unbelievable that after several months this the undo button still hasn't been brought back. There is an old adage "If it isn't broken don't fix it". This was a commonly used feature that exist on just about every single editor everywhere - to remove one small button to "supposedly" clean up the UI - is absurd and a poor product choice!
Please bring them back!! Those buttons are NOT space wasters but control key commands are definitely time wasters if you don't use them all the time.
Agree 100% with other commentators here. Even the 'help' pages for Confluence still show images with the undo/redo buttons, and I had to use google to find the answer - I thought I'd somehow changed my settings to not show these buttons.
Removing these buttons hardly helps with uncluttering - but does adversely affect the useability. I'm pretty disappointed that these have been removed - the editor used to be very very simple to use for 'newbies' and so adoption was easy.
Expecting users to know keyboard shortcuts is extremely unrealistic. Even more disappointing is that these keyboard shortcuts are NOT listed in the 'keyboard shortcuts' help popup.
What action is Atlassian going to take and when?
@Phil Oye are you still out there?
Thanks everyone for your feedback on this issue, and I'm sorry this change has been so disruptive to you. We have a public ticket tracking this issue, which I encourage you to follow: CONFCLOUD-58034.
When is this getting fixed? Or if you have no intention of fixing it make that clear.
Shortcuts do not appear to be working. I know this because I deleted my last two hours worth of work in error and cannot get it back.
Unfortunately, I cannot just copy and paste a table from Excel to Confluence as the formatting is lost.
Confluence Team - this is not acceptable. If I am trying to use your tool to manage my project and documentation, how can do so efficiently when even the most simple restoration task cannot be accomplished??????
Please add this back. It is extremely frustrating that this was ever taken off in the first place.
Please add the undo back - those shortcuts don't even seem to work! (well they didn't for me....)
+1 omg this is a fundamental tool within plenty of JIRA's competitor apps ... cmd+Z does not seem to work here when wanting to Undo the dragging of cards from one list to another... am I missing something?
Agree - I needed to Undo within 1 minute of starting my first JIRA Kanban and the lack of this feature has cut my explorations short! ... cmd+Z does not seem to work here when wanting to Undo the dragging of cards from one list to another... am I missing something?
I'm floored that they would remove a feature like this. Undo is used on multiple occasions, it just makes no sense. And to leave it out for this long when people have clearly been upset about it for over a year. Doesn't make for good client relations.
Send Atlassian a bill for all the time you wasted because some dimwit decided that this was a good idea and get the word out on social media. Everyone's pleading and begging are falling on deaf ears. What is the CEO's email address? Start sending the CEO an email. Look how effective that is for Amazon.
If all else fails - cancel. That will get someone's attention.
Migrating my documentation from Confluence to Box today. We'll then use SharePoint to collaborate.
I cannot expect my partners to use an application that doesn't allow for even the most simple of functions - specifically, the undo function.
It is unreasonable for Confluence to make a conscious decision to make even the most used tasks laborious and frustrating.
Ease of use for my partners and customers is priority 1.
Too bad that Confluence doesn't feel the same way.
No Undo button?
Stupid idea!
Phil Oye > The keybaord shortcuts don`t work as per your comment: Undo/Redo are both accessible via standard keyboard shortcuts: Command + Z / Command + Shift + Z on the Mac and Control + Z / Control + Y on a PC.
I just lost an hours work because the undo is unavailable and can`t navigate through unpublished changes...
You were asking for feedback - as per everyone it`s was a stupid move to remove the button.
As an enterprise solution there is currently no undo functionality at all in Confluence - what a joke.
Does anyone else get the feeling Atlassian are just sitting back and watching the drama unfold in the thread with amusement? I can't see why there'd be so little feedback or action otherwise. I suspect our outrage is quite hilarious for them.
Sharing my workaround with others:
Meeting my clients' needs are way too important to me than to have them frustrated by Confluence and it's lack of even the most simple of options - like the "Undo" feature and easily copying / pasting tables. Formatting is a labor intensive and the outline numbering performs inconsistently.
Hi all you can vote for them to bring it back here
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/The-Undo-button-is-no-longer-available-on-my-toolbar-after-the/qaq-p/659846
I literally look this up weekly; what a time suck. Please put those buttons back.
Agreed, it would take nothing to put these buttons back on. Maybe one developer hour. And they've agreed to do it. So WTF?!
I'm growing increasingly frustrated with products trying to overdesign crap that already works. No undo for an editing app is ridiculous.
Quit solving for things that work and bring common sense back into the design workflow.
Now, where's my button to UNDO!?
When are we getting this back? Every time I make a blunder I have to go hunting to find how to get the changed / deleted content on the page back. Whoever thought this was a good idea mustn't have consulted with many users. And it's been over a year now.
A breathtakingly silly design choice. Please put them back.
Stupidity born of arrogance.
But what I don't get is that they've already agreed to put them back - they just won't commit to when. (As if this could take a developer more than a few hours work - the code exists, the icons exist.) Just put them the hell back! Or are they too proud?
Please bring it back!
Or perhaps remove some of the other useful buttons too, just to show exactly how little you listen to your users!!
Bring back the Undo / Redo.
same here. surprised such basic things not being available for the editor.
I can't believe this is still not back in the UI! How do we get them to bring back this basic functionality?
After I removed a column in a table in the article, I can not 'Undo' this action with cmd+Z...
Seems like the Undo functionality is not working properly, that's why they just decided to hide this functionality
Agreed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.