I have created a Kanban type of project. Now I want to change it to the Scrum kind of project so that I can define sprints. Is there any way I can change the project type to Scrum and start using sprints.?
Hi Sarang Chitre
Although you created the project as a Kanban project it is very simple to add a Scrum board to it. A project can use both Kanban and Scrum views at the same time. Which is very useful for looking at different aspects of the project eg planned work (Scrum) vs support work (Kanban)
The way this is achieved is each board (Scrum and Kanban) should use a filter which excludes any items not to be considered. So if we take my example above and assume that all support work is of the issue type "BUG" we could have the following two JQL filters.
Scrum Board project = ABC AND issuetype != "BUG"
Kanban Board
project = ABC AND issuetype = "BUG"
As your existing Kanban board has a filter already defined you should go in and edit that filter to match what criteria you want to use for the Kanban board.
For your Scrum board you should follow these steps.
You should now have both boards available for your project. Please note you can also apply the same principle across multiple projects by using
project in (ABC,DEF,GHI)
where ABC,DEF,GHI are the project keys.
Hope this helps
How do I create Sprints.? I am not getting the "Create Sprint" button.
+1
Jira es very bad admin project, is better Monday
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.