I am trying to optimize workflow configuration with my team and would like to add a condition for closing an epic that all of the associated stories have some set of statuses so that they could be considered complete. The only available condition is related to associated subtasks. I am not sure that using this would accomplish the functionality that I am looking for.
No, unfortunately it would not. That "condition" will not check the "Epic Link" field as it only looks at Parent/Subtask relationships.
Short of a custom script, I do not think this is possible. There is no JIRA Cloud add-on that allows for custom scripting.
Hi Laura,
You can use JIRA Workflow Toolbox to implement any sort of condition and validation you may need related to Epic links.
To do it you can use "Condition on linked issues" and "Validation on linked issues" which are features provided by the plugin.
Here you have an example of usage, which includes a validation similar to what you intend to do.
I'm developer of the plugin. Please, don't hesitate contact me for asking for help about how to implement any use case you have.
Regards,
Fidel Castro Armario
Sorry, it's not available for JIRA Cloud. I didn't notice it before.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.