I have two workflows. One for requests and one for Enhancements. Our Enhancement workflow has a status that requires manager approval before work can begin. Because these two workflows have the same statuses, when I change a Request to an Enhancement via Move Issue, it keeps the same status and does not allow me to transition the issue to Open and through the necessary approval process. Is there a way if the issue is moved to an Enhancement it knows that approval is needed and would therefore not keep the current status, say it's In Progress, and will allow issue to either be transitioned or is there a trigger that would know it's an Enhancement that requires approval so therefore it would seek approval?
My current approval process is a simple status Approved by manager button with only manager access to execute this transition. Maybe I'm doing approvals wrong and there is a better method, automation, validator or post-function I can incorporate to make this flow better?
Your help is much appreciated
Davina Tsosie