I couldn't create an application link from JIRA to Desk,com, here is Desk.com answer:
That’s likely because of a firewall on your JIRA connection blocking access to the Desk service.
Try whitelisting the IP addresses outlined here through your JIRA firewall: http://support.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/13595-allowing-desk-com-servers-access-to-your-mail-servers
Is it correct? I can't believe nobody's using this integration.
Thanks
No, JIRA doesn't implement a firewall, although there may well be (and ought to be!) a firewall on the server. That will be blocking most inappropriate access, but it shouldn't be stopping standard integration routes.If there's an application link failing when you are trying to create it in JIRA, it's actually going to be the other end - there's a firewall on the target that is not letting JIRA connect. However, it would be worth checking that the application is also whitelisted - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-the-whitelist-231342130.html
The document you've been pointed to is not about the application links though, it's about using an email server with Desk.com - that's a question for your email people, not JIRA
What exactly are you trying to achieve and how?
Hi Hilli,
Thank you for your reply. I am trying to integrate Desk.com with JIRA as explained here: https://support.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1428875-jira-ondemand-installation. I am stuck on the step of creating the application link in JIRA. Desk.com support said it is related to firewall configuration on JIRA side, so I am contacting you asking to enable the Desk.com IP adresses to go through the instance firewall.
Thanks,
Gilad
Again, there is no firewall to change here.
Thanks Nic for your answer. I contacted Desk.com again. BTW, there is no "Whitelist" option on our instance. Is it also applicable for JIRA on-demand?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.