Does anyone know how to integrate Jira (core, service desk and/or software) with MIcrosoft Teams Tab? I know there's a connector, but not a tab, where you can actually manage issues from Microsoft Teams like you were inside Jira.
There is a connector on Marketplace:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-microsoft-teams-connector/cloud/overview
I'm sorry I haven't tested the connector myself, but hoping it helps you proceed or least be aware of more options.
Thanks. I will as I mentioned in my question it doesn't do what I want as it simply posts notifications in a channel about certain events in jira.
What I'm looking for is a tab that basically will display jira from within the team as an iframe.
Such tab exists for Astana and wrike.
I've added MS Teams "Website" tabs with Jira URLs to MS Teams Channels.
I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I did this to group channels and their relevant Jira pages. The Jira pages are embedded in the resp. MS Teams tab - although personally I prefer to open them in a separate browser window.
I'm looking for a similar connector for Bitbucket. The one on the Marketplace appears to be broken. Any thoughts?
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/bitbucket-microsoft-teams-connector/cloud/overview
Thanks,
Marc
This is what I'm doing and it works great. Each user will need to authenticate to the tab but it save a lot of time and navigation needs.
Any luck with this?
In need of a connection betwee our Jira instance and MS teams.
I would like to have Jira issues visible in teams. And furthermore commits visible in Jira tickets.
Anyone any advise?
Hello, the bots are freely available within teams already. In teams, click the elipses (...) next to the channel name. Select Connectors. Jira, Trello and Bitbucket are listed. Click configure.
It will typically walk you through how to setup. For jira, its all webhook configuration.
Please don't buy an addon you don't need to buy. Try the one that comes with teams first.
Can you provide a link to further documentation on adding those connectors within Teams and whether they are part of a beta program or need to be installed by an admin? My tenant only shows MS owned connectors ( VSTS, Yammer, Dynamics 365, etc )
Hi Matt, here's a reference from The university of Wisconsin.
You should be an admin of the team, and an admin in Jira.
Right click the channel and select connectors.
Select Jira.
@Josiah_Sansone I'm 100% using teams and on prem jira. In teams, select the jira connector, it will walk you through how to make a webhook in Jira to talk to teams.
@Gregory Van Den Ham I figured it out - the connector is now called "JIRA Cloud", but once you install it, it provides a webhook that works in either on-prem or Cloud. thanks!
Awesome, and thanks for the feedback!
Do you know if it is somehow possible to create jira tickets from within teams? am using Jira server.
I was on 7.5.0 and the Jira Cloud connector was working fine.
I then try the Incoming Webhook by Move Work Forward. This one did not work in 7.5.0. I then upgraded Jira server (on-prem) to 7.9.2 and tried again and it worked.
I am now able to get the push notification from Jira -> MS Teams.
How do I configure for the write back from MS Teams -> into my on-premise Jira server?
What do you want to be able to do from Microsoft Teams?
post chat and file share back into Jira.
Thanks for your responses. Another team member was able to configure the webhooks with MS teams.
Additional question: The integration mentioned above works by sending Jira data through a third party site, that does not meet our data security requirements are there any other options
Hi @Sandra Stevenson-Revill
The integration above does not send any data to any 3rd party sites (if you are talking about Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket Server Apps.
The data goes directly to Microsoft Teams.
this listing states '
This vendor has not completed the security self-assessment.
Cloud app vendors are encouraged to complete a yearly self-assessment of their data security practices. This information is self-reported by vendors, and Atlassian is not responsible for the security or integrity of this app.'
and when you go to install it says:
Microsoft Teams for Jira Cloud may store your data on SoftServe's server so it can integrate with your JIRA instance. As needed for integration, this add-on can:
By installing the app, you agree to SoftServe's privacy policy.
OK, it is not us (Move Work Forward) and you presented the standard template text.
Is it possible to get the Jira Cloud kanban or sprint boards visible in Microsoft Teams?
I think Microsoft demonstrated this with VSTS but I haven't seen it yet for Jira, some of that functionality microsoft has been developing with their plugin.
Add the Jira Cloud tab to your team this enables Set up options found by following these steps:
NOW - ALTHOUGH IT SAYS JIRA CLOUD AND ONLY DISPLAYS 4 OPTIONS: BOT, TAB, CONNECTOR, MESSAGING...
PITFALLS
Im on jira cloud and configured the webHook for testing purposes and none of the issues are actually getting posted to MS Teams. Im not a MS Team admin so i cant see anything on their end, but anything i can ask them to look at that may need to be enabled to allow our webHook to post to MS teams?
Potentially a MAC desktop Client issue. The webhook work's when setting up from the web version of teams but does not work when setting up from desktop client at least on the follow os and version. This has been reported to the Vendor.
MS teams version: 1.0
MacOS: high Sierra 10.13.6
Hello,
I am still new to JIRA and Teams.
I was told that JIRA needs to support HTTPS for the integration to Teams to work. Can it be done without HTTPS support. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Hi,
@Shivani Bhosale, Microsoft Teams does not allow communication with Teams over not encrypted channels.
Why would you want to do it? What is the use case?
Hello, Shivani posted the question on behalf of me as I was having issues with my account.
Our current JIRA instance does not support HTTPS. Hence we were wondering if we could integrate Teams without changing the current setup.
From your above comment, we understand it may not be possible to do so.
Thank you for prompt reply. Please do let us know if there is some workaround.
Cheers.
Hi @Pangeel Shubha , @Shivani Bhosale ,
It is possible. You can install Microsoft Teams Jira Connector for Server and Data Center. It will run in your environment and communicate with Microsoft Teams using SSL (Microsoft's one, as it is a one-way integration).
Cheers,Leo
Hi Paul,
Thanks for sharing this. I have one question. How do I restrict Jira access in MS teams?
Need feedback/clarification please. I'm trying to enable creation of JIRA tickets through MS Teams. From articles and videos, it seems as though JIRA Cloud connector allows creation of JIRA tickets (via "Create" button or "create" command) from MS Teams.
The issue is that we're using JIRA On-Premise. I've tried installing/configuring both JIRA Cloud and JIRA Server connectors but both don't allow me to create JIRA tickets. With JIRA Cloud connector, it requires a valid JIRA URL but I believe since I'm using JIRA On-Premise, this won't work (it rejects my on-premise URL). This forces me to use JIRA Server connector which I don't believe allows me to create JIRA tickets.
Is there a solution/workaround for creating JIRA tickets directly in MS Teams if I'm using JIRA On-Premise? If so, can anyone provide configuration instructions? The ones online aren't helpful.
Huyen,
I don't believe the JIRA Server connector allows creation of JIRA tickets. But you could use an issue collector from JIRA and probably embed it in a Teams page I imagine. I don't know if anyone else has done that yet. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/using-the-issue-collector-938847338.html
I am using Jira Cloud, and I have created a Next-Gen project.
Integration with teams works fine, and I have the "Create issue" button visible and working, however, as Bill Miller indicated, teams ignore some of the fields. In my case, it shows Summary, Description, Priority and Assignee.
Thanks for the response, Josiah. Someone from Microsoft responded (on another post):
"We are actively working on it. Expect it to be out in next few weeks."
...so I'll wait for this enhancement.
Same here, Jira Cloud; only exception is I did not create a Next-Gen project. I too have a visible, 'working' "Create issue" button within Teams that is ignoring fields. It shows me the same fields as you (Kwame) list above (Summary, Description, Priority and Assignee). The main problem with this is that we have another field (e.g. State) that is required for setting up new issues. Therefore, trying to create an issue through Teams will not work - it does provide the validation message "State is required." - but does not show the State field to enter/select a value.
Hi, we have the same.
I solved it by adding our account on the Jira website not as an app but as a website (go to your account on the website, copy the URL and paste it as a website in Teams in a new tab).
Then it says, in the web version of Teams, that Jira refuses to connect or something like that, but it suggests to go to the desktop version. I installed the desktop version, and there it works ok!
I had the same answer today. I hope the "few weeks" won't be changed in "few years"
I try to use the jira cloud but, when i try to connect, its require to use a URL like *.jira.com but my companny use on-premisse jira and the URL used to conect use a different patter like jira.company.com, how can i connect?
Hi @Tiago Ferreira fernandes , for a connection to a jira onpremise server, use the ‘jira server’ teams app. For jira cloud instance, use ‘jira cloud’ teams app.
hi @Gregory Van Den Ham on teams app store i cant find the jira server only the cloud version.
and when i try to use the direct link https://teams.microsoft.com/l/app/6eacb5f0-68b0-46f0-9507-9e906c6861fc i receive the error bellow:
Guys, there are no Jira options when i select connectors
Hi everybody,
Here I recoded a short (or not so short) video demo on how you can connect Confluence Server or Data Center with Microsoft Teams using our Microsoft Teams Confluence Connector. It is only the beginning, we are adding many more cool features in the following months (App Store bot for 2-way integration, scheduled reports and alerts, etc).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPjuZMziZgA
As always, if you need a FREE consultation on how to connect Microsoft Teams with Atlassian products please schedule one here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.