Hi,
I just noticed a new, extremely annoying feature in JIRA. When I have an issue open in the browser, and I click on the content of a field, it automatically goes into edit mode for that field. Apparently this feature is called "Click to edit".
The problem I have with this feature is that I very often click on parts of the text without any intention of editing it. It could be because I want to select the text, or I have some text selected and now I want to de-select it (so I just click anywhere in the text). Or it can be that I simply click somewhere because I just wanted to (I do that quite often, you might call it a tic), or maybe I click just by accident. In neigher of these cases I want to have the edit mode activated.
Quite honestly I can't really understand what the JIRA-developers was thinking when they implemented this feature. Do people really want this? If I want to edit a field I can click on the smaller "Click to edit" icon in the top right corner. What I dislike is that the *entire* text area functions like a "Click to edit" area. Surely other people also find this annoying, right?
Is there a way to disable this function? Preferably by user preferences, because maybe some people in a project like it, and some (like me) really dislikes it.
Regards
/Jimi