Hello,
I would like to set up a workflow transition with a transition screen that allows the user to select an assignee (this part was easily done). The assignee field however MUST only reference assignees within a certain Project Role?
Is this possible?
Do I need a plugin?
Thanks,
Danny
The content of the assignee field is controlled with permissions.
If your permission scheme says something like "Role: developers", then it will only list (and allow selection of) people in that role.
Hi Nic,
Unfortunately I am not sure I understand your answer. Can this be done? How?
I would assume it is an advanced workflow configuration. Is this correct?
When the assignee list is drawn up, JIRA looks at the permission scheme for the project.
It only lists people who match the "can be assigned issues" rule in there.
So, if you have a rule like "can be assigned issues: Role (developer)", then only people in that role will appear in the assignee list.
You don't need properties, just the right permissions and people in the role.
Can this be done on creation of the issue?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.