I've seen it done on other instances of JIRA, but I can't figure out how to set it up myself. I'd like to make the resolutions field editable inline, the same way that other fields, like assignee are editable inline. How can I set that up?
Hi Rena,
A field is editable inline when it is present in the 'Edit' screen used by the projects. Please see Screens for more details.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Clarissa.
You need to put it on the "edit" screen.
But. Do NOT do this. If you put it on the edit screen, then anyone who edits the issue will set the resolution (inadvertently), which breaks your data. You suddenly have open issues that are clearly "resolved" and struck out.
Correct, but then all issues which are edited (at whatever point in the workflow) will become resolved. Since there will be automatically a resolution set. So I doubt that this will be a desired behavior.
Thanks! I thought there was a problem because I was looking at an issue that was already closed, but it's working now. (Nic - I have to do this, but I hear you.)
Have you explained to your users that you are choosing to break all the reporting on resolved issues? That resolution now becomes meaningless and you will have no way of correctly identifying resolved issues? Please, please, please, do NOT do this. You are going to make a mess of your data, and you WILL regret it. (On the other hand, I've made quite a decent amount of money undoing damage like this...)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.