My development team uses Slack with the JIRA Cloud app. We regularly want to provide links to JIRA issues by typing the key in a Slack message, e.g. ABC-123.
JIRA Cloud allows us to do this, but a large summary of any cited issue will appear in the Slack channel. If a user mentions three or four issues (e.g. during a summary of his tasks for the day), this takes up a lot of space and the summary itself often gets bumped off the top of the screen. This is verbose and confusing and makes it harder 'at a glance' to keep track of which developers are doing what.
Is it possible to retain the capability of linking to JIRA but (by default) hide the summaries? The best solution would be for the summaries to appear 'collapsed' by default (perhaps displaying the JIRA key and first few words of the summary as a single line in the Slack channel), so that a reader could click an 'Expand' arrow to view the whole summary plus other properties such as Status or Assignee. The second-best solution would be for the JIRA keys to appear as hyperlinks to JIRA (in a web browser).
I'm not an admin on the team so I can't test for myself what's possible, but I'd like to present a recommendation / solution rather than a problem. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful.
Many thanks,
Neil Talbott