On the Profile Details view (https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?selectedTab=jira.user.profile.panels:user-profile-summary-panel) in the Summary section I see only the Preferences subsection and no Display one. Because of that, I can't change my display name; instructions from "https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11967645" don't work.
I don't know where is this name taken from as it doesn't appear that way in my Google accounts via which I signed in into JIRA some time ago.
I believe you are referring to your Atlassian ID account, although I am not sure. To edit this, you'd follow this link – https://id.atlassian.com/profile/profile.action
If a JIRA user not into JIRA Internal Directory this could happen. Could you check which directory belongs this user?
This is about the account at the main jira.atlassian.com instance that I use to e.g. report issues against SourceTree. I don't know anything about JIRA Internal Directory etc.
It works, thank you.
Thanks, that works! I modified the profile yesterday on answers.atlassian.com which must have modified the id.atlassian.com part as well but with a delay so I didn't see the changes immediately. It works now. It'd be better if it was available directly from the JIRA Profile section, though.
I had to log out and log back in for the changes to take affect.
That worked for my user too. Thanks
Yep that resolved my issue too, thanks Kamil9 Looks like when you are using cloud/atlassian id the logout-login process initiates a sync of the user authdb between the apps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.