Dear,
I would like to know if it is possible to translate a Confluence space / JIRA Service Desk knowledge base?
I can't find the information here: Translating your customer portal and supporting multiple languages
Thank you in advance for your answer.
Best regards,
Jérôme
Hey Jerome,
For now, I'm sure that you can't translate knowledge base articles from JIRA Service Desk. The translation of Confluence pages is actually not an out-of-the-box feature, so it's not available even with the integration in JIRA Service Desk..
There are few addons to manage translation in Confluence, but I'm not sure how it's managed from a customer point of view (like is it relative to the language used in the browser, is it a setting that the user needs to choose in his Confluence profile, or is it simply a button on the page so you can translate it in any available language with a simple click?) Because as you know, when your customers see the KB articles in the knowledge base, they only see an article and not all the Confluence interface. So maybe one of those add ons would work.. Workaround
Workaround solutions : 1.have two portals and two knowledge base, each one in a different language. 2. simply display both languages on the same article. With this solution, at least you can type in any language in the search bar of the portal, the right article will pop up.
Hope it helps,
Hermance
Dear Hermance,
Thank you for your answer. The first workaround you propose has been avoided since the beginning of the project because we would like to limit configuration and maintenance. The other workaround has also been rejected because this is not very user friendly and we have more than 2 languages...
Yep .. I can understand .. I'll keep you updated if I hear some news on this side !
Best,
Hi Hermance
Do you have any news on this?
I can't find a feature request either on jira.atlassian.c
Hi Jérôme,
Do you have found a solution about your problem with multi-language ? Because, I have the same problem but only with 2 languages. And I do not create two JSD and KB, one per each language.
Regards
/Olivier
Dear all,
our company has released "Translations for Confluence" V5 (formerly Language Macros): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/28648
Using this app, you can create a multilingual knowledge base and connect it to JSD. JSD users will then see the KB articles displayed in the language of their choice. This works with as many languages as you want.
I have just published a blog post explaining this in detail: https://www.bitvoodoo.ch/blog/2020/create-a-multilingual-knowledge-base-for-jira-service-desk
Best, Cora
P.S. Translations for Confluence is currently available for server and Data Center but we'll give our best to create a cloud version in the future.
That's great! I'll check it out next time one of our customers asks for a multi-language demo.
Is a Jira Cloud alternative on your roadmap?
Hi @Charlie Misonne
We certainly intend to provide a Cloud version of the app to work with JSD Cloud.
What would be your use case for translations in Jira Cloud?
Well, a lot of customers are moving from server to Atlassian Cloud due to known reasons. That's why I'm asking :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.