The documentation suggests there should be a versions tab on the projects summary view but I do not see it, nor is there an option under "edit project".
Is there something I have to enable to be able to expose the versions tab?
Thanks!
See if this helps:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/93823/setting-up-versions?page=1#93836
I guess I still don't understand. One has to use the CLI to add a version to a project before the versions tab shows up on Jira OnDemand? How does I use the CLI with OnDemand?
Nope. Follow my answer. You are still not able to do it?
I was able to do it using the CLI. I did not find a way through the web interface. In particular, there was no Versions tab on the Projects administration page, though the tab did appear once I used addVersion from the CLI.
Even with project manager role, I could not see the "Versions" tab on the Projects administration (or any) page.
After creating a version in the project using the CIL, the Versions tab appeared on the Projects administration page.
It's on the administration page for an individual project, not the project lists or general administration scheme, and you have to make sure that you have the rights to administrate that project (not necessarily granted by having system-administraion rights). The fact you've added it with the CLI implies the account you used with the CLI has the correct rights, and hence if you log in with that account, you'll definitely be able to see the administration -> versions stuff.
Yes, the admin page for the individual project. I could not see the tab. I created a version via the CLI, hit reload on the web browser, and the version tab appeared.
Moreover, it is repeatable. If I create a new project, the version tab is not visible on the admin page for that project.
Can you add a screenshot of when it is not present?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.