I am attempting to split our current JIRA Cloud instance by moving two projects into a new instance. I realize this means exporting all of the issues for all of the projects on the source instance, importing them into the target, and then deleting the ones I do not want.
My questions involve moving the user accounts to the new instance:
- Will user accounts be created on the target instance? Specifically, when I go to <target>.atlassian.net/admin and look at the User Management option, will the users be there? The documentation leads me to believe the answer to this is no, but I do see the user accounts in the exported XML.
- If the answer to 1 is no, how do I create accounts in the new instance so that they will be linked to the existing users in the JIRA projects? I assume this is handled with the new Atlassian ID, so this may be a non-issue.
- If the answer to 1 is yes, will welcome emails be sent to all users? That's something that we don't want to happen as only a subset of the users from the source instance will need to be created.